View Single Post
(#8)
Old
Deleted

Default 19-08-2011, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolblackguy View Post
Bro I remember when I started boxing about a month ago, it's something I've always wanted to do and something I would seriously recommend. But, when I finally stepped into the ring for the first time after about two weeks of training I absolutely hated it, why.... because I got punched in the face several times, and I was like what the fuck man (I mean I knew I was gonna get hit but I didn't think it was gonna be that hard or that many times). It was after this that my sparring partner who could see I was ready to say forget this said something very wise; 'in boxing the mark of a great fighter is not how hard he can punch but how hard he can take a punch.' These profound words can be applied to not just your game but almost every aspect of your life, I realised that physical toughness hits hard (that whole ur a loser shit that dickhead was telling you), but mental toughness (the fact that you can say to him and yourself that your awesome and actually mean it) KNOCKS PEOPLE THE FUCK OUT.

Keep on punching homie.
This line is on Rocky films..

Its not how hard you hit, its how many times you can get hit and keep on fighting

Something like that