View Single Post
(#19)
Old

Default 17-08-2011, 01:56 AM

I also used to think of pua as a 'big secret underground community' that I was associated with that I didn't want the rest of the world to know about (though I told close friends from the start) I guess a-lot like fight-club in a lot of ways (what is the first rule of fight-club?)

But in all seriousness I only really started improving when I toned down an identity of being some 'pick up guy' and just focused on becoming a more actively social and confident person. Sure using all the canned material and stuff works for a bit, till you realise how sad and fake it is, nevertheless I guess it was part of the learning curve.

It was only a year a go I used to get paranoid walking down the street, hated bumping into people I didn't know that well, found it a challenge to keep eye contact when in conversations, and stuttered/panicked when talking to girls and even some guys. If you met me now you'd laugh if I told you the above things saying 'bollucks'. As Mr T would say 'I pitty da fool'. Stop idolising the bullshit 'pick-up' lifestyle and if you were anything like I was you just need to get out more and spend more time with people.

Think of it like this next time you get blown out, you just havent opened the girl thats going to go home with you that night yet.