View Single Post
(#9)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default 30-07-2011, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake Eyes View Post
Well done! I take from this you've come out the other side! I know people that haven't.

The 12 step program seems very religious from what I've read. What if you do not believe in God, but want to give up drinking?

Pick up wise, sounds like you need to get to a bigger city, meet some wings, talk to girls and see what works doesn't work.
I dont exactly know what "come out the otherside" means.But ive not had a drink for over five years now.If thats what you mean??
Its not religious,its spiritual which is a world of difference in my opinion.
everyone thinks that it is religious tho.If you met me im so far from a religeous guy as it gets lol
The basis is this that through actions and a changing of personal beliefs you come to believe in YOUR OWN!! concept of a higher power.As alcohol has/had more power over me that anything else.This concept you come to rely on bypasses that need (ie higher power has more power than alcoholic obsession).Thats the idea in simple laymens terms anyway
Im there with you on the bigger city,meet wings and talk to girls bit.
Im feeling a tiny more positive that i can deal with living on my own,facing humiliation etc
Its still very scary tho.Its seems to me by taking the action no matter how scary is how you get the results
Only time will tell!!

Those who risk nothing, do nothing, achieve nothing,become nothing!!

Last edited by Lovefish; 30-07-2011 at 08:02 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lovefish For This Useful Post:
Snake Eyes (31-07-2011)