View Single Post
(#17)
Old
Deleted

Default 01-07-2011, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kowalski View Post
That isn't a real person you are seeing, it is a strange act. He is probably so lost in it by now though that he can't tell the difference himself. Just like Tom Cruise. If Federrer became a Scientologist, I wouldn't find it especially surprising.
How can you judge what he is like, if you also have only seen him at work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kowalski View Post
How good he is at tennis, how many languages he speaks, how nice he comes across is irrelevant.

Nobody is Roger Federer ........
He is playing a role, the role of Roger Federer - a la Tom Cruise.

His character is super-nice, but still a character. It is hard to get this across if you can't see it. Just concentrate on the jacket for a bit. It isn't real, no one is the jacket guy. (In fairness we only ever see him at work, whenever you see him he knows he is at work.)
How do you know that it is just a "character" and not his real personality projecting through at work? Why is he "playing the role"? How do you know he is different at home?

Also, you are right that I overlooked (In fairness we only ever see him at work, whenever you see him he knows he is at work.)
, but I did read all the posts in this thread (just quickly skimming when I was at work)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
kowalski (01-07-2011), maestro (01-07-2011)