View Single Post
(#2)
Old

Default 28-06-2011, 10:33 PM

I am only starting out, and my infield experience is very minimal so far. But I have seen quite a few videos and read a few things around the subject of 'pick up'. And to me, it also seems that the techniques/methods can only get you so far in the pickup art.

Like anything in life, from speaking a language to picking up women - it is a skill that is either learned naturally at an early age or learned through a conscious effort. And the best way to becoming a 'natural' is by making this skill a part of who you are (developing your inner game) rather than just memorising a few lines and party tricks. Thus when you are having a conversation with a woman, your mind is not constantly thinking of what the next step or the next line should be - but instead you are fully focused on the moment and the woman is attracted to the qualities that you are naturally displaying as a man.

However, i still think that the 'method' approach is great for beginners like me because like any skill (kicking a football for example) you have to do hundreds upon hundreds of repetitions until you can get the desired outcome without thinking about where the ball is, how you position yourself above it, which part of the foot makes contact etc . . .

Maybe this was a bit off topic, but whatever