View Single Post
(#1)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default Peering through the fog - 28-06-2011, 05:53 PM

So, to quote Morpheus, I have had a “splinter in my mind” about something for a little while.

It seems to me that a large slice of personal development, is becoming aware of the fog of social conditioning that hangs around us, and developing the wisdom to decide which behaviours do and do not actually serve you.

However, when a bird behaves in such a way that is clearly a function of the feminine side of the coin of social conditioning, we immediately leap to judgement. We decide that she is either trying to demean our character or that she is objectively wrong. Rather than see what she's doing for what it really is, a conditioned behaviour that we've probably helped perpetuate in varying degrees, the "party line" is to either push her away or punish her.

I realise regressing to the chode route is no alternative, but something about the standard view doesn't seem good enough to me. I'm not convinced it's the direction we should ultimately be headed. In essence: how can we judge women for being subject to the same fog of conditioning that we ourselves are trying to extricate ourselves from?

So the question is, is there a further step, and if so, what is it?

PS

"Civilise the mind, make savage the body"