View Single Post
(#7)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default 27-06-2011, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLAJay View Post
Why say stupid things to any attractive woman you see? Don't use people as a means to boosting your confidence - that's an ego driven action. You are missing Tolle's observing presence here, you are not looking at what is driving your actions.

Going out and seeking evidence to lower the ego is an action driven by the ego in the first place. Doing this isn't an action to lower your ego, it's an action to boost your ego - you are trying to boost your confidence. You can't let go of the ego through actions and egoic demonstration, you can only let go of it within yourself.
I think you've misinterpreted what I've said, and to be honest looking at what I actually said, it's an easy mistake.
I wish to change a deep set belief within myself about my confidence with women, but the idea of the exercise I proposed was to take the rejection, and allow myself to realize that it doesn't matter.
It's about destroying pride, I'm not talking about saying anything abusive or really even negative, just silly.
Having said all that, maybe it is an exercise in ego protection, in so far as if I'm being rejected due to the silly comment I've made, it's not really me being rejected, it's what I've said.