View Single Post
(#9)
Old
MASTER PUA
Fishing the Sea Champion, Gyroball Champion, Eskiv Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion

Send a message via Skype™ to RLAJay
Default 20-06-2011, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanca View Post
So you wouldn't treat your girlfriend differently to a girl you're trying to pull in a club or bar?

Experience has taught me that to keep a relationship going, yes you've got to carry on being your authentic self etc etc, but you also have to do things to make her feel special - stuff you don't do for any other girl, stuff you don't say to any other girl. Treating her like "just another girl" does not = successful long-term relationship.
I think the point you're trying to make here is that there's a significant difference in the behaviour the authentic self exhibits to a person they truly trust and lean on after falling for them and just someone you care about.

In truth, I think the tipping point for love comes when two people are no longer afraid of giving each other their insecurities. In essence to love we must be capable of giving people the power to hurt us, this to me seems to coincide most often with that period of a relationship where people start sharing some of the pretty nasty shit they've been through, telling them the kinds of things that have really hurt them, letting out that which shapes their neuroses.