View Single Post
(#8)
Old
MASTER PUA
Fishing the Sea Champion, Gyroball Champion, Eskiv Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion

Send a message via Skype™ to RLAJay
Default 20-06-2011, 08:35 PM

Eep. This comes from entirely the wrong place, that's not being a man at all, it's being an insecure controlling dick. I imagine this being the same kind of mindset that kept women having no rights for so many years and "in their place".

Let me go through this...

Quote:
if i have a GF, and i say... when your out, u have no reason to be speaking to guys u dont know, so dont... <end of>

(...)

women need certain rules enforcing.... otherwise they will walk on u...
This comes from a fear of loss, something I noted above actually. In a healthy relationship there is no fear of loss, communication trust and love makes both people feel entirely secure. They feel like their partners see them as the best person in the world and this feeling is what stops insecurity. Forget being afraid of someone taking your girl and think of it this way, you're not going to lose her if you're the best. You wouldn't want a girl to stick around with you if she saw someone else as better would you? Let her 'settle' for you? To me that would make her less attractive, unable to pursue what she really wants and not really wanting me? No thanks.

Put it this way - you don't want her to talk to other men (assuming it's because of fear of cheating/loss) but you'll dump her if she does? Causing the loss yourself? That's entirely illogical. The only reason this could possibly be a logical thought process would be if you replace the fear of loss with a much more sadistical motive of control and domination. That instead isn't derived from fear but from (which you later alluded to) a sense of ownership.

In a relationship you do not own someone, she is not your pet dog.

So, what motive drives not wanting her to talk to other men? Loss? Or merely wanting to control her and feel powerful?

---

If you're the man you do not fear her talking to other men because you know you're better and thus know you're not going to lose her.