View Single Post
(#2)
Old
MASTER PUA
Fishing the Sea Champion, Gyroball Champion, Eskiv Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion

Send a message via Skype™ to RLAJay
Default 16-06-2011, 03:32 AM

Being someone who's spent time in both countries, amongst "pickup" folk I'll weigh in here.

I disagree entirely. The culture differences are stereotypical and irrelevant, in fact everything you have said that is not in the nature of British men is in the nature of many British men. The funny thing is that I've seen almost this same discussion occur in numerous formats, proposed in opposing views, from both British and Americans about the opposite cultures.

That's a bit messy so I'll put it in perspective, Americans think American women are more difficult to approach than British women and take much more care because they'll snap at you or be bitchy. They believe that British people are friendlier in nature and I've seen people shocked at a guy talking to them, on the train! Shocker!.. Happens all the time. As does conversation between customers in shops, regularly.

Then British people say the same thing, but the other way around...

I'm sure there's a social or psychological phenomenon to explain this. but I'm not aware of it, perhaps someone might point me in the direction of some interesting reading though.

As for what you've said about comfort zone and taking it slightly slower... You haven't spent much time here have you? The general philosophy of the more active in this community is that if you haven't made you intentions ridiculously obvious within the first 3 minutes you're doing it wrong. I generally agree with them, at least when it comes to cold approach... That bird you're into that you've known for 2 years and work with. Suddenly coming out with having feelings or wanting to sex her up isn't going to cut it and is usually going to be a little creepy though and a gentler angle is usually preferable.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RLAJay For This Useful Post:
chops147 (19-06-2011), daleinthedark (17-06-2011)