View Single Post
(#1)
Old

Default Brand New- Odd Problem- Any Advice/6elp? - 06-06-2011, 06:52 PM

HI ALL- I should say that I am a late 30s male very new to all this. I found it through a friend who has all the DeAngelo tapes etc. Cost him hundreds but its very interesting. Anyway, I haven't been in a relationship, or even interested in one for a few years now after a bad break up. Never had been one for dating as I was a late starter at 17 and took me a while to get the hang of things. Though I have had a few relationships, two long term, and half a dozen one night stands.
Anyway, recently I started taking control of my life. Joined the gym, took up Salsa, started writing. Took time off work for myself. Now I would like, just for even a year or two, to finally be succesful at picking up women.
So I tried the advice from my Mate. I tried making talk with 3 women in one afternoon. All sucessful. Tried giving compliments. Again all good. People have commented on how well I look thanks to gym, swimming and grooming.
Then this Saturday I was out with some mates. My favourite club, dressed well, felt fine, looked good and friends there.
AND I COULD NOT MAKE A SINGLE APPROACH- NOT ONE! I JUST COULDNT DO IT!

So I ask is this normal at an early stage- to just freeze? Am I just too old for it or do I need to go back a bit to the askingn advice that worked so well on the streets of Glasgow?

AS I am very new to this I would really appreciate any insight. Thanks.