Thread: Plenty of fish
View Single Post
(#30)
Old
I don't know who I am anymore

Default 02-06-2011, 10:10 AM

Here's why I'm fundementally against this sort of service:

For me, PUA is about building my confidence and social skills to the highest level. It's about personal development.

Dating sites simply hook people up, who get drunk, have sex and part company. Not only does this fail to advance you as a person, I believe it may actually distort peoples perception of dating and their beliefs.

A case in point- my mate lives with a girl who goes on POF all the time. She's looking for a LTR, yet often meets up with guys who she drinks with and usually fucks. Just the other day she took a guy to bed who forced her to do anal. And by forced i mean she was crying telling him no, yet he continued. Yep, there's a word for that.
I think that by opening her legs on the first night of meeting a guy, he's going to have little respect for the girl. She's just some 'easy girl off the internet'.

This does not seem healthy to me. You're getting sex without any of the important respect building social aspects.

If you're going to be spending time on dating sites, then why are you a PUA?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Status For This Useful Post:
Darood (02-06-2011), nova (05-06-2011), PostScript (02-06-2011), RLAJay (02-06-2011)