View Single Post
(#66)
Old
MASTER PUA
Fishing the Sea Champion, Gyroball Champion, Eskiv Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion

Send a message via Skype™ to RLAJay
Default 24-05-2011, 02:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz View Post
That night yes. But who's to day she wouldn't do it again with another guy? Or that she hadn't done it before. She probably had and would. In my experience a cheat is a cheat. The more they do it, the more they become comfortable with deceiving their partner. They get off on it. I would take a stab and say its probably down to low self esteem. But I don't know. Anyway, your forgetting that Phil dosent give a flying fuck. I'm certainly not gonna judge him because I have, as stated before, done it also. She manipulated him, but at that point, so what? Phil was ready to fuck and she was up for it.

"If your not bothered, then I'm not bothered. I'm certainly not going to be your boyfriend"

That's what I'd say.

I could care less about her internal dilemma. In the morning, as I have done before I would be more than happy to discuss her issues over coffee.
Not gonna argue this too much, I largely agree. I do however think that the events that occur in our lives can lead us to new mindsets without our realisation, or that certain happenings in our lives can lead us to do things out of character or something that we would be angry at ourselves for doing.

I've met people who have cheated that would never, ever do it again. A mistake that they thoroughly regret. I've also met chronic cheaters, the kind that lie in order to cheat some more and string multiple people along.

Since we're hypothesising the future I see no problem with hypothesising the present. Who is to say that something occurring in her life right now hasn't completely fucked her head up and is the cause of her cheating? A dead loved one could be the result of an absolute mental fuck up she's going through and for all we know she would never EVER do something like this in her right mind, love her partner to pieces and have a disney relationship together. We've all been through incredibly emotional events in our lives, we all know just what it is to have your head spinning and do completely fucking retarded things, in hindsight. To make bad decisions because your head just isn't working the way it should do. This is an equally possible scenario, one that I'm more inclined to lean towards... I think it's the crying. On top of that scenario many people admit their misdeeds due to guilt, ruining the relationship permanently, all because of x horrible event in her life causing her to make a terrible decision because her emotions were doing backflips.

But then, really none of us know nor will we ever. I'm pretty sure that even don't give a fuck Phil would feel pretty bad about it in the above scenario and if he had that kind of knowledge would have utterly refused her... The thing is that none of us know the outcomes of our actions, the effects we have on other lives, the circumstances that are acting behind the person on the face of a story, etc etc. The natural action of people that act immorally is to justify it as acceptable "because" and lean towards the belief of it being x situation that suits their "it's ok because" mindset. It is necessary to imagine things as the absolute "no I wouldn't because" version of their possibility because you simply can not know, this in turn stops you from doing them. Yes, not all of them will be that but in order to stop those worse cases from occurring it's necessary.