View Single Post
(#45)
Old
MASTER PUA
Fishing the Sea Champion, Gyroball Champion, Eskiv Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion

Send a message via Skype™ to RLAJay
Default 10-05-2011, 04:08 PM

Carmada, you lack the understanding of how testing works. You can not test something through biased means. You are suggesting people test via a bias and uncritical method.

Here's a better method. You flash card images and test for emotional response asking the person not to control their emotions. You then flash card the same images back at them in a different order asking them to control their emotions. Obviously you do this with a control group shown entirely different cards and an opposite group asked not to control their emotions. This is a perfectly acceptable test. All of your tests are rigged for bias, bias is not scientific and is inadmissable as empirical evidence of anything anywhere.

Your emotions can be controlled, by yourself and even by someone who isn't you through brainwashing, which would indeed have to be extreme but is indeed possible as Kowalski's recent thread on the subject pointed out. Emotions can be switched off, a person can be controlled just as they can control themselves. You're faced with overwhelming disagreement.

To further argue our camp, allow me to present to you some peer reviewed evidence that proves the self control and regulation of both thoughts and emotions along with as well as proving the ability improves:

Older Adults Control Emotions More Easily Than Young Adults

Amusingly, this study does almost exactly what I pointed out would be an acceptable test, I probably should have searched before writing.