View Single Post
(#1)
Old

Default alpha male and it's effects on pickup - 04-05-2011, 11:33 AM

Hey all I've not been on here long, I have been taking baby steps in getting smoother at starting conversations with girls and controlling myself in order to 'act' and not 'react' when around attractive girls.

The subject I'd like to mention in this post however, is one which is the reason some guys are just 'naturals'. It's alpha confidence that they display, we all know this, and although many of us may think that we would act more courageously and decisively in a crisis where it would actually matter, these guys are far more assertive and controlling socially.

I've always been quieter and more subtle, I quite liked being like this, and I'm finding it hard to break out of this pattern without coming across as someone who's trying too hard. When you're at a party or a pub and you meet girls, do any of you find it hard to break into dominance, especially when friends/acquaintances there may be naturally more alpha than you. It's really effecting my confidence with girls to the point where whenever I meet them, even when I'm alone, I just think 'they'll meet my friend/someone else and realise I'm not at all alpha and get bored with me'.

Thoughts?