View Single Post
(#41)
Old
MASTER PUA
Starcastle Champion

Default 23-04-2011, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by haz View Post
No, I didn't read that from weight watchers. No, I don't mean that cardio 5 times a week is useless. No, I don't mean that diet helps you keep or build mass.

I mean that danieljamie wants to lose weight, and that given the same amount of time and effort diet gets you results faster than exercise, so he better focus on that. A tough workout for unused people burns 600 kcal and takes 1-2 hours. With diet you can cut 1200 and save 1 hour of cooking.
Additionally, people often eat snacks and energy supplements after workouts for the "feel good" factor, which kills 50% of the set.

As to calories deficit, it's physics: a kilogram of fat is 7-8000 kcal, and your body works out of energy. You don't kick in enough, it will burn it from fat.

Bottom line: if you want to lose weight, diet is just simpler, faster and more trackable than exercise. If you have time and brains to implement well both, then welcome.
ur forgeting that your metabolic rate is increased after workouts so u continue to lose weight post workout.

* Insert Funny Tag Line *