View Single Post
(#40)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default 16-04-2011, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLAJay View Post
You fail to address his points here and instead divert using a personal attack. Either address the points or concede them. Don't divert, it won't work here.

You make the assumption here that combatants are black and white, good and bad, right and wrong. What do you do when you're ordered to take out an enemy position defended by 10 year old children? Are they the enemy and bad people or simply innocents that have been manipulated or coerced into the situation?

That war itself wasn't started with the intention of freeing anyone at all, it was started with the "stated" intent of removing him from power due to the near imminent danger of wmds. The stated motivations were 100% non altruistic.

Compare to our current operations in Libya, which ARE about defence of innocent population. Note the extremely different approach, the absolute decisions to not cause ANY civilian casualties because the entire reasoning for being there is about defence of the innocent.

You're being very naive.
tl;dr - i rarely bother with your posts as i always feel that i'm being sold to in some way - no i wont purchase any training thanks

i cba typing more - I'll just disagree happily with kowalski et al

off to the pub for pints and our next step towards a glorious treble - fans of other teams except United, u mad? ye u mad