Thread: Charlie Sheen
View Single Post
(#56)
Old
MASTER PUA
Fishing the Sea Champion, Gyroball Champion, Eskiv Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion

Send a message via Skype™ to RLAJay
Default 02-04-2011, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kowalski View Post
Cool (thin end of the wedge).

A character judgement based on appearance:
"This dude looks aggressive, I'm going to remain on guard here." If you didn't do this, you wouldn't be learning from experience. Just like profiling at the airport.

I actually go the other way and let my instant judgements of things run free, I listen to them and respond accordingly. Those judgements don't come from nowhere, your brain is just doing its job and trying to spot patterns that will help you to survive based on every piece of information it has managed to amass over your lifetime.

Mine does a damn fine job of it too, significantly better than I can do through conscious cognition. Both play their part in my judgements, but we don't really have time to wait and see if our first impression is correct or not.

Peace,

kowalski
Nope, don't do it. I've got enough heavily tattooed hell's angel looking friends and enough skin head friends to know that that the vast majority of the time this kind of judgement is just wrong.

I'll go on guard when someone shows that they're aggressive through behaviour, not image. Some of the kindest people I know look pretty mean.