Thread: Charlie Sheen
View Single Post
(#55)
Old
MASTER PUA
Fishing the Sea Champion, Gyroball Champion, Eskiv Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion

Send a message via Skype™ to RLAJay
Default 02-04-2011, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kowalski View Post
I've kind of pushed you into a position here as you were originally only referring to judging people for drugs and stuff.

That wasn't a judgement of character "that guy looks a tit", was not supposed to infer anything about character it is only a comment about appearance. Judging someone's appearance based on their appearance, that is all.

How about "that girl looks hot"?

We judge. It is what it is.

Peace,

kowalski
Yeah, you're correct. I actually toyed with pre-empting this argument but appending it would have taken from my other point. I should clarify that the judging I speak of in the quote really applies to negative judging. It's a poor generalisation I understand that. There's semantics here in the context the word is used though that goes beyond it's simple dictionary definition.

I think the difference is that one form of judgement is the simple subjective from, using your example "I don't like the way he/she looks". The negative form of judging I speak of would be to make this judgement and hold it against their character, something far too many people do.