View Single Post
(#8)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default 28-02-2011, 05:26 PM

Brave post mate, I'll admit I'm similar with the drinking. It's hampered me in some ways but sent me on some bizarre adventures that would not of happened at the same time.

I realised that it was a bit of a problem about a year ago and it messed with my head a lot as it was a big part of my identity, social life, puts me in state massively and results in me getting laid a lot. I found myself not really enjoying getting drunk any more but still binging when I was out (which meant I wasn't getting girls), my hangovers getting worst and feeling a sick of it all. I'm a mature student so drinking is kinda hard to escape in my social scene.

So I took a big break from it and went t-total for about 4 months started being honest with myself, which lead me too getting into PU. PU actually got me back into drinking again, but I enjoy it now, try and minimise what I drink (never do shots and only drink bottles) and get girls again also am more positive when hungover.

I tend to only go out drinking once a week, but am progressing towards not drinking at all and going out more regularly. Have tried sober nights before and I find it easier than only going for one or two pints, but uni pressure to drink is ridiculous and the drunken energy is hard to match sober.