View Single Post
(#15)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default 17-01-2011, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox View Post
also sometimes comfortable silence is good
This is one of the most important things I've learned in the last year or so. I'm a massive chatterbox, partially because I've got a lot I want to tell people about, partially because I feel compelled to keep a conversation going. The realisation that it's ok to have occasional silence has eradicated the need to keep a conversation plodding along.

Don't worry about not being able to hold a conversation, Zix. It'll come with time - just give yourself a break.

Also, think about how you talk to people who you perceive to be (and there's no nice way of saying this) lower social value than you, because with these people we tend to have the most confidence. A perfect example for me was an acquaintance at uni (he didn't drink or go out so we were never exactly good mates) - I talked about whatever shit I liked and he went along with it. Occasionally I'd prompt him to take control for a bit with open questions, but it was like a dad helping his son ride a bike - ultimately I was the one leading and doing my thing, chilling out. Anywho, we got on great even though he wansn't the most able conversationalist. Like CO said, a conversation is an exchange of value. Failing that, it should be about you giving value. Besides, you're an awesome guy - you've got plenty to spare.

It's just advice, fellas. Do whatever the FUCK you wanna do

Last edited by Blanca; 17-01-2011 at 10:57 PM.