View Single Post
(#1)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default Overcoming one-itis - 24-10-2010, 02:30 PM

Very brief bit of background - I had liked this girl in work from about April this year. I was about to ask her out, but then she had a BF (she had gotten back with a guy she had previously spent 3 years going out with).

We had a day outing with work in June, and we spent alot of the day together and got on really well. At the end of the night I told her that I really liked her, and that I was gutted to hear that she had a BF. She said that it was going ok at the mo, but if it ended she knew where I was. I was fine with this, intially.

But as time went out, I found myself getting, I suppose, infatuated with her. It didn't help that I was sure, rightly or wrongly, that she liked me. I would think about her a lot of the time, and everytime we spoke I'd analyse in my head what she said, and what she didn't say to try and find clues as to whether or not she liked me. Not good! In August, she bought a cheap house with her BF which they are doing up.

Unfortuantely, my infatuation and feelings for her continued, until last week where I came to the conclusion that this infatuation was doing me harm, so I decided I had to do something to stop feeling that way.

So, simply, I just said over and over and over to myself - "She does not like me, I do not like her". I'd repeat this in my head throughout the day and out loud if was on my own. I continued this throughout the week.

Almost a week on and my infatuation with her seems to have disappeared. I still get occasions where I think about her, but they are very brief. So it looks like it's worked, which I'm mightly pleased and relieved with. She actually gets on my nerves slightly now (similarly to before I started liking her) which isn't what I intended, but better that than the infatuation.

Any thoughts/comments? Anyone else tried that sort of technique?