Thread: '5 a Day'
View Single Post
(#31)
Old
MASTER PUA
Jason's Pong Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Hexxagon Champion, Breakout Champion, Zookeeper Champion

Default 24-10-2010, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Snake Eyes ...

Props to you for getting out there, and for such detailed reports.

Does strike me though that you are very dependent on this thing called "state".

Firstly everyone goes through periods when they feel sociable and times when they dont. Personally I don't feel the need to beat up on myself because the last time I went to tescos I really just wanted to buy a few things, mind my own business and get out rather than open half the female shoppers.

Imagine that you don't open a set for week, but you find yourself opening the super hot girl behind you in the checkout queue without hesitation, without having "worm up on a few sets first", without thinking that you have to in order to meet some self imposed quota, without needing to listen to loud music, shout "yeah, Im the shit" really loudly, click your finger or use some NLP or other artificial bullshit to get into this thing called "state".

Imagine instead that you just did it because you are a cool spontaneous confident guy

I strongly suggest checking out Tyler Durdans blueprint course since he covers this area very well indeed.

(s)
It was actually the Blueprint and other RSD products that got me started on this challenge. It was something Tyler did very early on. All the RSD stuff is fantastic!

I appreciate that one of RSD's main message is to overcome the need for all the artificial bullshit of the PUA world and develop core confidence within yourself. However, I need to get out there first and practise. Part of that is forcing myself to go out even when I don't want to.

Yes there are some times when we don't feel sociable, but there are also times when this just won't do e.g. approaching a hot girl, a date, a job interview, and important meeting, a Birthday party, a wedding, any time where you are in a social environment with new people. I want to be in a position where I can be sociable if it is necessary.

I am very dependant on state still. You are right about this and it does bother me that sometimes I can feel like the most amazing charismatic man there is who everybody adores and is awe of and other times I feel like a shy nervous chump who has to think about what he is saying and is bothered by what people think of him (I call this feeling as trapped in 'social chains').

However, to be honest I'm not bothered if people think bad of me, so long as they've actually met 'me' and not some watered down version. Its more when they think I'm someone I'm not because I feel I can't act myself around them that is annoying and that is probably the main reason why I joined this forum in the first place (in my view this is the main reason that holds me back with women too).

Going out every day for 30 days and approaching 5 women is my first stepping stone towards becoming this 'cool spontaneous guy' all the time (or at least have a lot more control over it - at the moment it controls me to an extent). I don't expect to be doing this forever, I just want to kill off any insecurities that are still there that sometimes stop me from been the person I naturally am. It was definitely starting to work and I expect to get amazing results when I start again properly on 1 November.

There is also a reason I have picked 30 days. I heard somewhere that doing something straight for 30 days is the time it takes to enforce a habit within your mind. I am testing that theory. I am hoping after these 30 days my constant need for state will have decreased.

I'd be interested to know what have learned form the Blueprint and how it has helped you?
The Following User Says Thank You to Snake Eyes For This Useful Post:
Darood (26-10-2010)