View Single Post
(#1)
Old
Tetris Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion

Post 17/08: AMoG Issues - 17-08-2010, 09:59 AM

Scenario
I'm out with a friend, and have been given an accomplished introduction by somebody I used to know and ran into recently. There's two HBs and a couple of fellas just to get in the way. The fellas are not in relationships with the HBs, nor do they look like they're interested.

HBD joins the group. O1 and O2 are the men. After a good 30 seconds of HBD being in the group I decide to stop talking to HBG, and spend some time with HBD.

We start shouting conversation, but it's loud so I say to O1:
Quote:
Hang on mate, let me get past I can't hear a word she's saying.
So I'm now standing between her and O1, we have a few snippets of conversation, she starts to qualify herself and I'm pleased. But this fella gives me some rubbish reason for wanting me on his other side, and giving him the benefit of the doubt I say 'yeah sure' and start talking to him and HBG together.

It doesn't so much end there as I'd have liked. This fella constantly tries to make demands of me and won't let me isolate the girl. Eventually I let him try on my jacket just to shut him up.

It wasn't ALL bad, I managed to turn him away successfully and smoothly a fair few times.
Quote:
O1: Can I have a sip of your drink
Me: No, it's mine.
O1: Just a sip.
Me: No seriously, it's mine.
O1: Come on.
Me: No, this is my drink, there are many like it, but this one is mine. [etc etc, Full metal jacket quote]
Amongst the lads gathered that goes down well and he goes away.

The final part of that evening was after we'd left the group to talk to some others. We ran into them later on and I started talking to a new girl that had joined that group, with some success, [N-Close]. But honestly, as soon as we rejoined the group O1 was on us:

Quote:
Me: Mate, I'm pretty hungry, wanna call this a night? [Genuinely, it was late]
O1: Yeah you should definitely GO, and get some food. Go on, it's right over there, off you go.
Subtlety.

My Question
This made me think about all the times I've been AMoGed or just experienced aggression from other men. I'm not a big fella, but I could hold my own if it came to a fight.

Of course, I don't want to fight anybody, and I don't want to get AMoGed all the time. So, advice?

Last edited by Morgan; 17-08-2010 at 11:08 AM.