(#24)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default 13-07-2010, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Fresh View Post
nice topic

You have to question the question "if its not a part of you, whats the point?"

I can tell you straight, waking up at 7.00am every morning is definately not a part of me. but i realise that it is actually healthy and beneficial for me personally cos it puts me in a routine, sleep when its dark, be awake when its light. i believe therefore that taking such actions are good for me personally becos my life experience infroms me so. i also benefit alot from getting up early, i get a friggen wage son!

other examples of doing things that are not a part of you could be exercise etc... if your life experience infroms you that being fit and healthy is good for you then theres nothing wrong with believing that this.

the Q whetehr it is worth believing/being something is inherently subjective people will come to different conclusions as for some the effort to belive/be somthing may be too much for them individually.

the same analogy can be applied to being outgoing and/or confident. it may not be part of you but if by being so your general life experence infroms you that good shit happens then it is more likely than not that it is healthy for you to be so.

from what youve said your not saying that being outgoing/confident has any detrimental impact on you, possibly besides a little effort to be so. it does not put you on a down per say. it is the absense of it that puts you on a down but that down would still be there even if you had never tried to be outgoing, so you have lost nothing by being outgoing/confident, besides a little effort.

i doubt that the down moments you do have (as a result of the absense of being outgoing/confident) are more than you would have had had you never even tried to be outgoing/confident. correct me if i am wrong. if so it is more likely than not taht being outgoing is healthy for you.

again though this is a subjective test. if the effort to be outgoing is really tiresome it may not be healthy for you, or you could be going about being outgoing/confifdent in the wrong way.

in general learning things is healthy for your mental state and necessary for your growth as a person. but again the answer to weteher it is worth beliveing that being outgoing/confident is worth it if it is not part of you is likely to differ from person to person, as the Q is inherently subjective.

that is a healthy size post!

exactly, i see were ur coming from cam but i dont feel the same way. If you try something new or act a certain way that does feel like it 'you', then you should try not to do that? what is being urself? when i was a kid i was very outgoing and talkative and as i got older i changed and became a bit more shy, i started to feel alot more self conscious.. that was the world or the social environment or whatever that changed me.. so is being my true self me acting the way when i was a kid in terms of personality traits (outgoing etc) or in being shy the way i used to be..? i decided to improve on qualities that i believe existing inside me such as being outgoing and partying and going out, it didnt feel like i was being myself when i first started talking to strangers or when i was having to do public speaking but i worked at it and i feel i am becoming my true self. So i say try everythin for a while and see how u do with it, u might think ur a natural introvert but not really be.. there are some things that i couldnt see myself doing like dancing for example but it turns out i love it now

hope i made sense.. lol

the greatest success is found when you get outside your comfort zone