View Single Post
(#14)
Old

Default 29-06-2010, 08:58 PM

I love you too Tom, nearly halfway through the Blueprint now and its already having quite a profound effect, just wish that guy in the audience would stop shouting things out all the time WHICH DONT HELP ANYTHING!!

Quote:
Wake

Wow man, Cefai is right; you definitely have a way with words,
I have always been a numbers guy with a logical and engineering mind, but my literacy and English skills are appalling. I always find my self trying to impress a set with big and colourful words or any other way to portray intelligence but I usually find that my mind just blanks and I end up looking a fucking idiot.

Do you find being so literate an advantage in the field? And how important is pronunciation?

To be honest being literate infield doenst really have that many benifits. As long as every other word isnt an expletive then I dont think really doesnt make a difference.

My numarcy skills are appalling though. I struggle with even the most basic of mental arithmatic. The other day at work when sorting out orders my coworker asked me what 5x6 was. I had absolutly no idea and my mind couldnt conjure a way in which to work out the answer either so after spending 10 seconds pretending to ponder the answer, I just let out a resigned "dont know"

Pretty embarrassing really, but there you go. Some of us are more logial and some of us are more creative but both assests are invaluble to the human race so be proud and cherish what gifts you have.

Besides Ive read your account on Styles Rules of the game and you seem very articulate

But I cant put it more elequantly than Blanca

Quote:
Secondly, literacy and pronunciation matter not one jot in the field. If you don't make a big deal out of the fact you're "appalling" with eloquency, other people won't either. It's your life man, your personality. Don't change it for the sake of other peoples' opinions. Besides, most people don't have a clue what they like and don't like - if you show confidence in yourself and your own ways, they will follow and assume it's fine.
The Following User Says Thank You to X Factor Chris For This Useful Post:
Wake (29-06-2010)