Thread: NLP Routine
View Single Post
(#8)
Old

Default 24-06-2010, 06:22 PM

Jeez, sorry for being thorough. And not to be pedantic (well, a little) but the first article gives no evidence of the eye thing being disproven besides saying that one 'David Platt' (didn't he used to play for England?), 'drawing from' a German NLP website (?) 'found that the science found' that it doesn't work, making no reference to Mr. Platt in his bibliography. I'm also rather put off by the author's comparison of this basically innocent set of tricks for communication with dangerous, immersive cults such as Scientology.

All I know is many MPUA's (Gambler, Style, Mystery, Ross Jeffries) use or claim to use (parts of) NLP, including the eye accessing clues. Even Derren Brown, Britain's most famous skeptic of new age and misleading pseudo-science, doesn't condemn NLP. In his view (which I share), it is based on some valid ideas but currently taught by smug 'gurus' who prey on the weak and make exaggerated claims about it.

Anyway, we're going way off topic here. If you don't buy into NLP, don't use the routine (and once again, it worked a treat for me with a redhead 9 the other week). For the rest of you, try it out and tell me your experience.

Last edited by DutchDuke; 24-06-2010 at 07:08 PM.