Thread: NLP Routine
View Single Post
(#1)
Old

Wink NLP Routine - 23-06-2010, 10:26 PM

I'm pretty new at this, so this may already have been invented a billion years ago for all I know but it's worked well for me so I thought I'd share in case it was new or unknown to the forum.

This is based around the NLP concept that eye movements betray the representational system at use (Simply put, if a person recalls an image, his/her eyes go up; sound-sideways, feeling-downwards). It's best to be sitting down close and opposite to the target (such as at a bar table). Tell the target that you can read minds. You ask the target to think (in turn) of the most beautiful painting/view she can remember, her favourite song and the feeling of being on the beach/dancing/whatever she likes to do (get this info beforehand). Make her really 'get into' these memories-picture all the details of the image, hear the song in her head, remember the sensations of her favourite experience. Check her eye movements as you tell her to do all this, to see if she is part of the 99% (made-up statistic, but it's a high number anyway) for whom memories are represented in this way. Then, ask her to bring up one of those memories again, without saying which (again, tell her to really 'get into' the memory). You then tell her, triumphantly, which one it was. If you get it wrong, act shocked and go 'Wow, you're one of the 3.4 percent of people (or whichever statistic you find realistic) whose mind can't be read. That means you must be really confident to be able to keep me out...'

Advantages:
-DHV/chick crack
-Anchoring (she relives postive emotions and now may associate them with you)
-You can teach her the trick later on for another routine

Based on my opening statement, you are either welcome or I apologise for wasting your time.

Last edited by DutchDuke; 23-06-2010 at 10:35 PM.