View Single Post
(#33)
Old

Send a message via MSN to Black_Lightning
Default 11-06-2010, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
I think Kowalski gets frustrated sometimes as people haven't been trained or have knowledge of debate like he does so things go round in circles or more things are added without addressing previous arguments.

He did however hold out an olive branch to come and meet up and you go on about how people need to feel good about themselves and don't know much then say you focus on truth, rationality and being unbiased.

I don't think any of this has anything to do with peoples egos it's just because we have different stand points on subjects so If you say something I don't agree with or find fault in your reasoning or sources I'm not going to agree but it doesn't mean I'm looking for an ego boost.

I have a friend who is into conspiracy theories and we debate all the time about it, he's obviously totally wrong and I pull apart his methods and sources and he does the same but we're still very good mates.
I think it's harder on an internet forum as it's an impersonal method of discussion but debate helps address problems with your stance and find weaknesses in it, sometimes these weaknesses are so big you'll change your stance completely.

I used to be into conspiracies but I read and heard some things that changed my mind, I still think there's bad shit going on but I don't think some new world order is going to take over the world and some of the people who made me change my stance I don't agree with entirely (like Christopher Hitchens) I still have respect for them but I think they themselves would rather me look into their arguments rather than take it as face value.

So dude come and meet up with us, you'll see we're not too bad
Well said, I completly agree with you mate

p.s we didnt land on the moon, explain the waving flag, I didn't know knaan was famous back then lol