View Single Post
(#104)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default 28-05-2010, 08:01 PM

Hey y'all. Just to let you know I'm still here, but currently not finding time to post much at all. I was under the impression that by now I'd have all the time in the world, but in fact the reality has gone the other way, and I find myself busier than ever. I've started a new job, which saps both time and energy. And just for a couple of weeks, I've withdrawn Pick Up from being a major focus of my life whilst I get the rest of my house in order.

However, I am not going to make excuses for a prolonged period of time. Right now, nothing is settled, and whilst that is true I need to step back and allow the waves the steady. This has resulted in literally no game for the last few weeks. Even on nights out, my focus at the end of a long week hasn't been to meet girls, but simply to get very drunk with my friends.

In a way, I feel I owe this to them as well - my friends and I are all coming to the end of our Uni courses, and within four weeks the friends I've spent the last four years living and breathing with will disperse for good. I sort of feel like I need to just enjoy these last few weeks with my mates, and not giving a shit about girls.

But rest assured, I haven't gone away, and I won't ever give up. I've come a long way in the four months I've been posting here, and I've done things I never thought I'd be able to do.

When you enter the world of pick up, you embark on a journey which is going to push and pull you in every direction. You have to confront some aspects of yourself which you're not going to like. You have to admit they need work, and you need to be proactive in dealing with them. I've done that for the last five months. The results have at once stunned, shocked, thrilled and exhausted me - and there is still plenty more to do!

But I'm not in a place right now where I want to do it. Just for a few weeks. I want to see out my time with my friends, and I want my job to settle down into some sort of rhythm where it is at least roughly predictable from one day to the next. From there, I will once again drive myself forwards. Watch this space...

As a footnote, I met up with my ex-girlfriend last weekend for a chat - the first time we've spoken properly in the 9 months since we split up. We sat in the sun in the park, and ate ice creams, and didn't say a word about 'us' for the whole three hours we managed to spend together. It turns out she is also single right now. She's great, and I love her deeply. But I know there is no future for us. Every bone in my body shouts at me to just call her and suggest we go out this weekend. But I know it'd be absurd. Our lives have taken off in different directions now, and within a month, like my friends, she'll also be leaving Liverpool forever. I'm so glad I met up with her - she's a beautiful person, and I like it that she's in my life again.

But, there are another 2,999,999,999 girls out there. The odds that, in her, I stumbled across the best girl in the whole wide world whilst drunk at a friends house party are therefore pretty long. In fact, I guess, they're 3billion/1.

I'm not saying she and I will never get back together. I just want to check the other 2,999,999,999 girls first, so I know I'm not missing out on anything really great...

Give me just a little time fellers. I'll be back out soon, and posting regularly even sooner......

Just get on with it please

Last edited by CovertOperation; 09-02-2011 at 07:01 PM.