View Single Post
(#3)
Old

Default 02-04-2009, 02:02 PM

Quote:
The beginning is good as a little tease so use it but then chill out on it and maybe use it when you call her after or in a cute text !
Ok 2 things you could maybe comment on (appreciate your feedback Swype)

1. When you say the beginning is good as a little tease, up to what point in my script? Do you mean the jokes after the neg, or the actual neg itself? Ie. As you probably know the neg is not really a tease, im meant to act genuinely serious when saying the neg (if I made out like I was JOKING while saying 'theyre a liiitle old fashioned for me, but theyre cute' then it wouldn’t have the 'neg effect'. Almost like the 'fake nails' neg, when doing this one you need to act genuinely dissappointed when she says her nails are not real,she needs to feel and see this dissappointment in you for the effect to work. So I assume by teasing part you mean the 'where'd you buy them? From an antique store or something?'...followed by the 'my grand mother shops there too'...did you mean I stop at this point!?? (seems like a good place).

2. Am I right in saying the neg is NOT meant to come across as a tease...its meant to display higher value and raise your status. (meaning you should be genuine/serious about it else it wont work)

3. I was also under the impression that what I described was a routine, however its a routine that simply starts out with a neg. ? (surely a routine is simply a predetmermined lines that youre going to say with anticipated responses)

And yes I totally see your point about not coming back to the shoe thing for a 4th time, it is probably overdiong it (even though it’s a throwaway/sideline comment before the conversation leads off in another direction, but I get ya)