View Single Post
(#1)
Old

Default Rate my new neg... - 02-04-2009, 01:11 PM

A neg I recently made up and need a second opinion here before I go out and test it...(I also need some technical advice in understanding exactly what PART of the routine the neg is and where it ends)

At the bar while she's next to you ordering a drink...you look down and then up at her and say...

You: Hey, those are very nice shoes...
[she smiles]
...I gotta say they're a liiiittle old fashioned for my liking, but very cute nonetheless.
[you smile]

Her: Hey these are so NOT old fashioned!
[she WILL have something to say along these lines to defend her pretty little shoes]

You: Don't worry I still think they're nice. Where'd you buy them from anyway? An antique store or something?

[she'll probably smile and hit your arm]

Her: I actually got them from xyz store...

You: [looking pleasantly surprised with a bit more energy] Fancy that....that's where my grand mother go's to get her shoes too. [you smile]

She'll probably hit your arm by now smiling from ear to ear...

...get chatting and eventually once things get going you can bring it back in by saying something like..

"So what does a girl like you do with herself anyway...aside from spending your time in the shoe department of antique stores that is" [grinning smile]

[should get more laughs as shes about to tell you her story, she should be fairly comfrotable by now and from here it shul dbe down hill if you keep it up]

A few questions...

1. What do you think of this neg? (Im going to test it out but anything you can see that might not work)

2. Im battling to see where the definition of the actual Neg is here...ie. does the actual neg end after ive said 'theyre old fahioned, but cute.' when I first open her, and from there its just cocky comedy right? I know a neg is to disarm her...but the second and third cocky comments where I say 'did you get them at an antique store or something'..and... 'ah yes my grand mother shops there too' are these also negs, or is this just plain cocky comedy? Anyone care to comment on the structure here?