Thread: Sarge Report
View Single Post
(#7)
Old

Default Sarge Report- Thursday Nights Action - 26-03-2010, 08:08 AM

Sarge Report:

Me and Juice went out last night in Soho for a Thursday night sarging session. Went to Zebrano on Greek Street. The bar was pretty empty when we arrived with only 3 sets of 2's. Swiftly opened them just using situational stuff. The first set hooked quite well and went smoothly however was not very hot so made my escape. Then opened a two set that turned out to be part of a 15-20 set. This was quite a weird one as they were actually two companies out on quite a formal drinks networking event!! Some interesting shit happened though in two places:

Example 1

Target: Two Set sitting in a large group of males

1: Opener ( Blah blah blah)
2: Two girls seem interested however not quite hooking- ( Think in hindsight this may have been down to the logistics- The set had been a walk up and also I didn't realise that they were part of a larger group so the approach must have been quite obvious) - I later found out that they didn't really know each other at all and that they were clients of each other which could explain the formal responses!!

3. Juice "Wingman" enters the set and engages the guy to the left of me. After a while I get drawn into the conversation with this guy and we talk about work e.t.c. We find out that they are Journalists working for a large magazine / publishing house.

4. The two set who initially had been quite cold are suddenly much more interested now as they thought we were friends with the guy. The set reopens and flows much more smoothly after this.

Thoughts:

By engaging the male friend of the targets in conversation we were suddenly not seen as "pickup guys" but as friends within the social circle. This increased our social value.

We opened a few other sets in Zebrano including several really really hot Swedish club promoters ( I need to work on the hired gun game! ) before realising that we had pretty much opened every set in the club and would have to move on. Walked down the street to O'Neil's where another interesting interaction happened:

Example 2:

Target: 5 Set with one hot girl.

1) Opener - Opened by asking them when the band is playing are they any good e.t.c.
2) Hot girl is trying to blow us out - very cold American, she doesn't know when they are playing e.t.c. Very cold body language. She deliberately turns her back and walks out of the set.
3) Rather than giving up ( tempting!) I carry on with the two friends who are much more friendly and responsive. We have a bit of a laugh and a joke around.
4) Hot bitch girl sees us getting on well with her friends and immediately tries to come back into the set. She is much more responsive now and is actually working for our attention.

Thoughts:

This is a classic example of engaging the ugly girls prior to the hot one. The interesting thing was that the hot girl actually physically left the set however didn't want to look like a loser without her friends so was drawn back into the set. When she saw that her friends thought that we were ok she came back to try to get some attention for herself!

Overall a great night. We both number closed although no KClose this time. Definite improvements.

REVIEW:

1) Opened about 10 sets last night- Good result

2) Need to be more logistical about opening large groups. For instance with the large group in example 2 I opened the "hot girl" first. I think that in hindsight it would have worked better if I had opened the ugly chicks first to make the hot one work for attention ( rather than giving her the power to leave the set). Also in example 1 I think it would have been worthwhile assessing the logistics of who to approach first however I am still trying to follow the "3 Second Rule" and tending to approach first/ think later!!

3) Find a bar in central London that does NOT have a NO HATS policy!! :-)