Thread: eckhart tolle
View Single Post
(#12)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default 28-01-2010, 11:06 AM

It's quite handy that you can't question it you just have to accept it, it gives anyone who reads it and believes a pretty simple mechanism for dismissing criticism or if they have doubts getting rid of them. It's almost like a conspiracy mindset where you can just say something like "that's what they want you to think".

I'm pretty concerned about it to be honest, I think people will watch blueprint and think I should read up on this tolle guy. Tyler has filtered out the crap but I think people less well versed in Philosophy and accustomed to critical thinking are going to believe every word he says.

I have heard about half of it and it's got a lot of spiritual padding and vagueness to it, with some contradictions which you fail to address camarda where he thinks to reach conclusions. I don't think i'm going to be swayed by the rest of it but I'll give it go some time but I have more important things to read than something recommended by Oprah.

I think i'll wait for thug's or kowalski's input I don't think i'll get anything other than the standard "you can't understand you're thinking" line from you.

"Is it wrong for a man to love his guitar?"

"It is if he puts his balls between the strings, and strums himself to ecstasy!"