Thread: W.i.p
View Single Post
(#27)
Old
MASTER PUA

Send a message via Skype™ to kowalski
Default 08-11-2022, 09:28 AM

During the whole thing I moved to Sevilla. I've been here about 18 months now. The first year was a bit messy. I had a debt to pay off, I moved 4 times in a year and I had to rinse a bunch of cash to do nothing in London for a few weeks to get a new passport, which left me a little shaken ... however returning to Andalucia felt amazing and really brought back to the surface how much better being here is for me.

There's a little space now between me and the whole section of my life in Cordoba and the process of leaving there and coming eventually to Sevilla, making it possible for me to look back at it and understand it in some vaguely mythical way.

The title of this thread was not chosen to refer to the idea that I had returned to my old career and was now working again in that sense but more to the idea that I felt I had a lot of work to do with myself. We always have work to do, but that was a specific thing I needed to do. To remove myself out of that place and then painstakingly repair the negative I had let that time do to me ... with the caveat that living in Cordoba was mostly awesome and I had a wildly fun time and now some fantastic memories. I think very fondly of that city, it's truly a special place. It's feels almost unreal living there, when you are there and you think about or talk to any other people living in any other places you genuinely feel bad for them.

And now? I find myself now in a very similar position to the one I was in when I left the UK specifically in terms of ambitions and my ability to realise them. It took a long time to learn the language and the culture and be comfortable and have a stable situation what with everything life throws up and how easy it is to get caught in the day to day. I know I could have already achieved certain things (or discovered that I can't do them) if I'd stayed in the UK with friends, family, connections, etc. That bothers me a little but just enough to make me want to be more productive and driven right now with so much possiblity ahead.

Peace,

kowalski

Like a stray bullet, you niggas misled

Last edited by kowalski; 08-11-2022 at 09:36 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to kowalski For This Useful Post:
markuk (01-12-2022)