View Single Post
(#8)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default 21-01-2010, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Don't reign in your emotions. Allow them to explore freely each experience. I think a person should be able to control their response to their emotions but not the emotions themselves.

Pragmatically speaking there are two necessary conditions for truth. Internal Consistency and Satisfaction. In the case of a person (For at base that is what you, your personality, is. It is a theory. A theory about behaviour), having internal consistency means your emotions, thoughts, words and actions are all consistent with one another.

This is of primary importance and is also an unachievable goal. The best we can ever realise is a close approximation. Still it is something we must always strive for - to be assured that our theory about behaviour (our personality) even has a chance of enabling us. (In relation to PU: having this consistency is extremely attractive. If anyone reading is not sure why, don't worry I'll probably write a thread about this sometime soon.)

For this reason we shouldn't control our emotions any more than they should control us. If we control our emotions, we will become imbalanced. They have equal footing with the other three aspects of your being and should neither be the servant of your mind, nor the master of your behaviour, nor any other hierarchical permutation.

I fall in love all the time. Sometimes for less than a second or a few minutes, sometimes for many months or years. It's not every girl I ever meet, but many of them however fleeting. You are not going to fall in love with every girl, certainly not in a lasting way, whether you control your emotions or not. If you are saying that you restrict yourself from loving the girls you meet whom you are emotionally inclined to love, then this is not conducive to your goal of finding a deeper happiness and is certainly a measure of whether you are ready for that. Is this what you meant or something else?
Hi man,

nice!

Anyways, the stuff you say about not reigning in the emotions is interesting. I had a magical night a couple of nights ago with a girl I saw in a queue, leaving the eurostar, at around 11pm. And being in the moment and enjoying it was brilliant. (for seduction note – I wasn't feeling great, she seemed too hot to speak to, and I made a few excuses not to. But I did it anyway and it was all good; bit of nerves are fine.)

But how does this stuff relate to the conversations we had about regulating your emotions, prior to having them?

Eg, only seeing a girl a few times a week etc. [to prevent yourself getting attached, prior to being attached]

Though I'm not massively active in this scene any more, I am continually seeing a few people. So I presume are you. Do you rein in at all? In some respects, I want to see them all, a lot. But I know I will get more enduring happiness by balancing my life out.

I remember a girl in Manchester I had to make a purposeful effort to distance myself from. I was getting too attached; she isn't the kind of girl you want to get attached to (when I 'met' her she had a long term boyfriend, though she pleaded for exclusivity for a while with me).

OK, any interesting thoughts welcome.

cya