View Single Post
(#329)
Old

Default 13-10-2021, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan300 View Post
Had a meeting with my US boss last night to discuss my possible transition into working full time for them.

She told me if I'd made the suggestion three days earlier, I'd have been just in time to start FT immediately. So, as it stands, I have to wait for a couple of months until literally January 1st.

That's not exactly a bummer. In fact, I can't think of a more perfect date to start. New-year-new-me and all that bollocks.

Lots of new projects coming up for Q1 and Q2. New clients that I'll be managing. The flexibility is going to be amazing and I believe having this relative freedom to work when I want is going to enable any other projects and shit I have going on because I don't have to waste my day in an office making other cunts rich.

It means I'll have to stay in my current role until then, but I emailed my manager on Monday telling her I'd be working from home for the foreseeable. She didn't respond to that. I imagine them all sitting around picking out mistakes and shit to use to fire me, but if they do I've got my defense.

I couldn't really care, though. Even if I did get fired (which is very unlikely) I get to take a little break before walking into a genuinely enjoyable new career, and during the break I have plenty of free time to get stuck into the post-grad study.
Great stuff Dan, your life is definitely on the up

"For we walk by faith, not by sight"

"Nothing to lose, everything to learn"

"Either you win or you learn how to win"
The Following User Says Thank You to Luffy For This Useful Post:
dan300 (15-10-2021)