View Single Post
(#309)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default 21-05-2021, 09:13 PM

The interview/chat with the lovely lady from the US firm went quite well. I don't want to get too overexcited in case I don't get it, but she told me she's swaying toward me over the other couple of candidates. Even just based on the interesting content of my application, she currently favors me.

They're fully flexible. As long as you do 40 hours a week, you can do the work when you like. Of course, there would be a reasonably understandable requirement to fulfill certain deadlines and meetings in terms of communicating with clients and doing calls and things like that, but overall it sounds like something I could easily handle. Especially given the ridiculous number of plates I'm currently spinning for 8 hours a day in my current job.

She's going to crunch some numbers and put some information together now, and hopefully, offer me a position before the weekend is over. She even said she'd provide a bump of 5% on my current salary, to start with. Which is already better than the 3% my own employer gave me two weeks ago, six months later than they were supposed to.

We agreed I'd start part-time initially, between 10 and 20 hours a week, to see how I get on with the job (do I even like it?), which is a perfectly reasonable and sensible thing for us to do. Obviously, I would love to throw my resignation down on Monday, but the knowledge that I've got my hand in another opportunity will alleviate things, knowing I have a way out.

Again, for now, I'm just remaining hopeful and positive about it. But everything has gone smoothly, so far. That's gotta be a good sign.

I know I've been ranting the last couple of days through utter frustration, but I think it's important that I document this transition.

You can't win if you don't play
The Following User Says Thank You to dan300 For This Useful Post:
Jaz (23-05-2021)