View Single Post
(#307)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default 20-05-2021, 10:46 PM

I have a chat arranged tomorrow evening, with The Director of Operations, of this US firm, for a job with them that I'm actively engaged in the application process for.

So far so good. They liked my application (they have a sense of humor, so I know they partly appreciate my personality), and got me to do a test project for them. They also liked my project. It consisted of performing copy-edits on an article, following their guidance.

The role, however, is as an Account Manager. So I'd been doing more than editing. I'd be coordinating work with new clients; engaging with them and discussing their desires etc; amongst other stuff. But the test project was editing.

It's fully remote and flexible. I'd really love to get the job because not only is this something I enjoy and I'm actually good at, but I'd be way happier doing it than the bullshit customer service donkey work I'm doing in my current job. They gave me my pay rise for passing probation, 6 months later than promised, and it basically just feels like they don't give a fuck about the bullshit we have to constantly deal with from customers because we launched with very poor execution in many important areas of the business.

I've had enough of the bullshit now. It's so frustrating I've been on the verge of just walking out multiple times, practically every fucking day in fact, rather than seeing out my notice.

I've mentally left the building and I'm hoping to be out soon. I've realized one's sanity is sometimes not worth what you're expected to cope with. And that's coming from a resilient motherfucker. I've hung on for long enough hoping for it to change, and it's now too little too late.

You can't win if you don't play