View Single Post
(#21)
Old

Default 20-12-2020, 11:28 AM

My last experience with an English girl met on tinder:

We went for a drink, it was a couple of nice hours and after that I asked to meet again.

She said she wasn't sure there was a spark or whether she wanted to be my girlfriend so to not waste my time she was telling me to not expect any romantic development and if that was OK with me and I was OK not to date other women we could have met again.

I replied I appreciated her honesty and that I wasn't expecting anything romantic cause I wanted to let things evolve gradually. I was not sure as well if I wanted her to be my girlfriend.

She replied "do you mean you want to be friend for a period whilst we know each other? Is that what you do in your culture?"

I said "no! In my culture we date cause we're attracted to each other and we have sex. After a period of knowing each other we decide if to go romantic".

She replied "do you mean we should have just sex?"

I said "no, I want to know you in the process".

She didn't understand and we ended the conversation cause we were confusing each other.

It seems there were only 2 options: being her boyfriend or her friend and all this after only the first date.

This is what I don't understand and it is making me go crazy. Can anyone help me decipher that?

Am I just being unlucky or is this the norm here? Am I just stupid? I don't just get what to say or what to do and this is going on since the first day I arrived here.

For the record she ghosted me after this conversation.