View Single Post
(#12)
Old

Default 28-10-2020, 08:41 AM

Thank you for your reply.

I am based in Nottingham.

Now I am messaging with a woman on Bumble. She clearly says on her bio she's got a child so she's looking for the right one. She's just asked me if I have ever dated a woman with a child and if I am good with children.
What am i supposed to reply? If she asks then this is important to her and I don't know what to say.

Speaking about culture, italy is a catholic country so for obvious reasons more resistant to progress in that sense. I can say it depends on the area and context as I have lived in many different places in Italy, usually the South is more traditional. But my impression is that this generation, especially in the north, wanted to break completely with tradition. Women from many point of view are more liberated in england, there are more women managers in england than in Italy and a woman can dress in whatever way she likes without getting too many stares and whistles here but also they are a lot more oriented towards looking like barbie, marry and making babies compared to their continental sisters. Which is not good nor bad but it has always looked like a contradiction to my eyes.
Also the context i am in now is different from the context i lived when I was in Italy and I have never used dating apps in Italy, but everything has always happened going out and meeting people.
Here apart from a short period in which I picked up girls in clubs i have used dating apps which makes it different.
But in any case I am used to a relaxed approach whereas here many women of my age or above 30 make me feel like they have got the objective to marry and that's the whole point of dating, which makes me anxious.
Being honest and upfront is the first thing i have learnt and where i come from it is the best thing you can do if those are your intentions. Every woman will accept to be in a non-serious relationship.
Probably it's me, my perception, i shouldn't be making a big deal of it and date them in any case.

But what am I supposed to reply to someone who asks if I'm good with children? Does she mean if I could be ready to be her child's dad? She asked "have you ever dated someone with a child? Are you good with children?". I seriously don't know what to reply.

Last edited by Aquilaruspante; 28-10-2020 at 10:21 AM.