View Single Post
(#256)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default 26-05-2020, 04:32 PM

Just sent off my official acceptance of employment for the literal new company I'm starting with this Monday the 1st of June.

I had a minor feeling of anxiety earlier when reading the contract. There was nothing in particular that concerned me, as it's all very basic contractual employment terms, but it just got very real that I was starting a new job after 5 years in my old one. And that feeling is intensified by me being off for 6 months recovering from an injury then going right into this new role.

The anxiety was more excitement than concern, though. I saw the soft-launch website last night on LinkedIn, and to think I've secured the opportunity of being the very first wave of staff members this company ever hires feels quite exclusive. Obviously they've got about 10 staff already, getting the show on the road (marketing, acquisition, operations etc) but I'm the first staff for when we go live. And even at that I could potentially be the only one, because one of the originals dropped out and another couldn't be contacted. So unless there were other suitable candidates next in line as backups, I could actually be the only person to begin with.

I'm cool with whatever happens though. This is most certainly the greatest career opportunity I've ever had.

You can't win if you don't play