View Single Post
(#23)
Old
Banned

Default 02-03-2009, 06:26 PM

I would argue that how much of a choice someone has in a particular situation depends on their strength of mind. I know enough people who have very little resolve or tenacity, often due to not being taught mental resiliance by those who brought them up. "I couldn't help it", "They made me angry" etc. How often do we hear people say this stuff? They are not excuses, this is how many people see the world.

These are excuses. Just because that's their model of the world does not mean they don't have a choice, they do. I teach this to people I work on with anger problems. You can literally see their physiology change when they realize they have a choice as to how to react to something. It's all the Meta-model.
"I couldn't help it." You ask, "What prevented you from being able to help it?"

"They made me angry." Ask, "How does what they do cause you to choose to be angry?"

They always have a choice, just like you have a choice to believe me, or the study, or both

As to the right honorable gentleman's question as to where to get SS materials. There is a word beginning with the letter T that I may not be allowed to utter on this site. I don't know the rules here, but some forums forbid torrents of posts about such sites.