View Single Post
(#37)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default 22-12-2009, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolphin786 View Post
Thanks Tom, your right. The reason I’m going at lengths to discuss this with you is because I’m a thicko..
Yep I am right.

Quote:
If my stating an orthodox belief sounds like agnosticism, well – we were here first.
No you weren't, the orthodox belief has evolved over time the agnostic one hasn't.

Quote:
That depends on your understanding of God. Yes you can’t put God under a microscope and say oh, there he is. By definition that is impossible.
Therefore you cannot claim he to be real unless it's taken on faith by some teaching of ancient people we don't share morals or many other provable facts with. By your logic (or should that be faith) anything that cannot be proved at the time is valid.

Quote:
There are many logical arguments, but logic can be used for and against God. Even “supposed miracles” can be logically explained away. Jesus raised a man from the dead and some people who saw it said, eh – magic. Im not arguing that should be a proof for anyone today who didn’t witness it, just that logically we can argue for and against anything.

My faith teaches that man is born with a part within him that inclines towards belief in God, and always looks for this spiritual need. If we look at history, people on different continents who never met, have always believed that the world must have had a creator, so logically I can argue for this. No doubt you will have a logical counter argument.

But that's all it is faith, people on different continents have doubted the existence of a creator, people have manipulated with religion. I think religion is a evolutionary misfire that hasn't disappeared because you can actually survive believing it.
Ancient people were wrong about so many other things and religions have evolved as human understanding has progressed.

many gods > one god > no god

Simples!

Quote:
Yes, the validity of a belief depends on what knowledge is available to that given person at that time. Except spaghetti monsters...
Nope if someone truely believes in flying spaghetti monster then it's as valid as islam infact i'd say it's better to believe in the flying spaghetti monster.

Particulaly this teaching (well actually an I'd really rather you didn't

Quote:
6. I'd Really Rather You Didn't Build Multimillion-Dollar Churches/Temples/Mosques/Shrines To My Noodly Goodness When The Money Could Be Better Spent (Take Your Pick):

1. Ending Poverty
2. Curing Diseases
3. Living In Peace, Loving With Passion, And Lowering The Cost Of Cable
I Might be a Complex-Carbohydrate Omniscient Being, But I Enjoy The Simple Things In Life. I Ought To Know. I AM the Creator.
The bottom line is you either believe god is real by faith or you can't say if he/she/it/monster is real or not

The end

"Is it wrong for a man to love his guitar?"

"It is if he puts his balls between the strings, and strums himself to ecstasy!"