View Single Post
(#36)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default 14-12-2009, 10:25 PM

Right, all you PUA’s who don’t want to here me rant – put your fingers in your ears, me and Tom have some beef.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
If you don't fully understand then there could be something within your lack of understanding that changes it all.
Thanks Tom, your right. The reason I’m going at lengths to discuss this with you is because I’m a thicko..

Quote:
I love how you're trying to argue with a agnostic point of view.
If my stating an orthodox belief sounds like agnosticism, well – we were here first.

Quote:
If you cannot definitely say you understand God then
- You can't confirm Gods existence, unless it's blind faith
That depends on your understanding of God. Yes you can’t put God under a microscope and say oh, there he is. By definition that is impossible.

Quote:
- Can't claim God is good or bad, unless it's blind faith
- Can't claim Gods teachings are true, unless it's blind faith
Good and bad are subjective understandings and therefore exist outside of the absolute.

Quote:
there are no facts or logic that support this
There are many logical arguments, but logic can be used for and against God. Even “supposed miracles” can be logically explained away. Jesus raised a man from the dead and some people who saw it said, eh – magic. Im not arguing that should be a proof for anyone today who didn’t witness it, just that logically we can argue for and against anything.

My faith teaches that man is born with a part within him that inclines towards belief in God, and always looks for this spiritual need. If we look at history, people on different continents who never met, have always believed that the world must have had a creator, so logically I can argue for this. No doubt you will have a logical counter argument.

Quote:
therefore any point of view be it spaghetti monsters, Norse gods, Roman gods, scientology etc if believed with total faith are just as valid.
Yes, the validity of a belief depends on what knowledge is available to that given person at that time. Except spaghetti monsters...

Its simple, be cool.