View Single Post
(#28)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default 08-12-2009, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolphin786 View Post
Now all the other theological questions you quote relate to the nature of God and human free will. They have been dealt with in depth by Thomas Aquinas, Maimonides and Al Ghazali for the three Abrahamic traditions.
My point was regarding this you just said "go and look this up because i can't be bothered to explain it"
Which seems to be a bit odd I could just say "go and read Dawkins, Bertrand Russell and a few others then come back formulate my argument then argue against it"

Quote:
The ultimate nature of God is beyond our capability to comprehend but the attribution of power and will are commonly shared by belief systems.
This strikes me as really odd, you claim to be a muslim but this is an agnostic point of view. If you don't understand the nature of god how can you say with any definitive conviction who, what or if there is a god?
The only way to truely claim to know God is with faith in which case it's pointless arguing because logic and reason can't argue against blind faith.

Quote:
Fecking Einstein believed in God and he is probably the best known and most highly revered scientist of the twentieth century. I doubt anyone will question his ability to use logic.
He believed in a personnal God and he also doubted the random chance factor of quantum mechanics hence his quote "God does not play dice" which if you look at Einstein he really meant "nature does not play dice".

"Is it wrong for a man to love his guitar?"

"It is if he puts his balls between the strings, and strums himself to ecstasy!"
The Following User Says Thank You to Tom For This Useful Post:
kowalski (08-12-2009)