(#26)
Old
MASTER PUA

Send a message via MSN to Flake
Default 08-12-2009, 04:22 PM

In addition

Quote:
Originally Posted by kowalski View Post
Flake, it is OK to argue that it is beyond logical or scientific possibility that there can be a god. It is a different thing to argue that because some specific understanding of god is not compatible with science or logic that therefore there can be no god. This is the god or religion point that Dolphin is making.
What defines a god? The general definition of "the supernatural being conceived as the perfect and omnipotent and omniscient originator and ruler of the universe" is disproved by science. I'm aware that science itself could be wrong as I'm also aware that none of you may exist and I may be a dreaming robot made from delicious soup but this is all very unlikely, so much so it should be assumed impossible. Now, I do believe it is scientifically possible for there to be 'deities' i.e. "a supernatural being worshipped as controlling some part of the world or some aspect of life or who is the personification of a force " because in many ways there are people and things that fit this definition however the 'God' in question is the abrahamic god who fits the first definition and thus I declare this god's existance to be, in the most practical definition of the word, impossible.

Ladies Favourite, General Flake.