View Single Post
(#18)
Old

Send a message via AIM to Double O
Default 27-02-2009, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kowalski View Post
I don't know that I agree with you exactly about hypnotism. If all communication is hypnotism: Why differentiate? In what way can someone call themselves a hypnotist? If a term is universally applicable it lacks meaning, therefore the term hypnotism lacks it's own unique meaning and is simply a synonym of communication. (I'm sure you guys have walked through these converstaions before).
I believe that Hypnosis is the rule not the exception and I utilise other peoples natural trance states all the time at work and at play.

Quote:
I and many others I know use the term natural to refer to one who does x unthinkingly, rather than one who has made a specific effort to learn x. If you were to come up with NLP patterns on the fly, I would refer to this as natural, even though you may have studied to be able to do this.
OK so a natural to me is someone who has never done any PUA training and a true PUA is someone who has got to unconscious competence which I guess is where Bear and I are at and I know that initially we learned patterns etc and now they are more like a framework of a process which we hang words onto and sometimes we might use a pre-learnt scripted pattern with embellishments as I did with the hypnotist and I can assure you that I had a conversation about Ross Jeffroes and Speedseduction with her BEFORE I walked her through the patterns, which she participated in willingly so I guess that probably there was a level of attraction there already.

Quote:
I don't know about this. I have seen people under hypnosis behave as if they are French, which they clearly do not believe in their normal state. Or, as if they are in love with a beautiful woman represented by a mop, which they also clearly do not believe in their normal state.

I guess you guys, and Sync are the best guys to have these discuccions with.
Yes you will see this at a stage show but the whole preparation at the start of the show is designed to filter for extroverts specifically in the first place and as soon as someone steps onto the stage they are giving their consent to be a willing participant in the show as most people have a bloddy good idea of what might happen even if they have never seen a live performance before.

I think that the ethics of PUA and especially SS aspects of PUA will always be up for debate as they do seem strange and uncomfortable to the uninitiated but I can assure you that EVERY SINGLE woman I have ever interacted with has thanked me for helping them make positive changes in their lives. Once we are dating I do more than SS with them I make it my business to make their lives happier and more fulfilled and not just because I am in it...