Thread: Hi all!
View Single Post
(#1)
Old

Default Hi all! - 05-12-2009, 03:18 PM

Hey everybody,

I'm James, 30 years old (though everybody tells me I look much younger) from Wigan and am currently a student just finishing off a Psychology degree. My story: I met a hot girl at the young age of 21, married her, had 3 sons and some 5 months ago the marriage ended when I found out she'd started seeing some other guy behind my back. It was incredibly painful to be screwed over like this but I held myself together, basically kicked her out and now live on my own.

I came across a lot of this PUA stuff only around a month ago when I was looking into improving my social skills, self confidence etc. and have come to realise what a total chode I was. I'm working to put this female repelling behaviour right and am currently watching The Blueprint. I discovered this forum last night and it looks like there is a fantastic, supportive community here.

My big problem is that being in this relationship for 9 years has left me completely isolated socially as I lived only for my family and gradually lost touch with everyone. I just want to go out and have some fun at this point, but the only mates I have left are either married or too self conscious and chode-like to ever set foot inside a pub or club. I was thinking I might even have to start going out on my own (a daunting prospect) but I'm not far from Manchester and it would be totally awesome to hang out with some of you guys if possible.

Once I get my dissertation finished in a couple of weeks, I'd already been thinking of looking into doing some post grad course at Manchester uni next year which I was hoping would also increase my social circle. I'm a total newbie and will probably suck at attracting women, but I'm not afraid to do whatever it takes and am determined to get this stuff handled.

Thanks guys,
James