View Single Post
(#19)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default 03-12-2009, 07:42 PM

Some good points Kowalski, however I stand by some of my statements.

The thing that worries me about it is that it is a drug designed in a laboratory, and then sold on the internet with a big sticker saying "not fit for human consumption". Last time I checked, most illegal drugs are perfectly suited for human consumption. Cocaine is given to cancer patients. Heroin is given to people suffering a heart attack. Ket is a basic and (until quite recently) very frequently used anaesthetic. MD is (although not officially) a wonderful antidepressant. The feeling I get when I take it is akin to when I'm at my most manic, which is the best place to be in the world.

My worry is the molecule itself. MDMA is a sertonin receptor agonist (amongst others). This means it activates serotoninergic pathways in the brain which in turn upregulate production of noradrenaline (a cousin of adrenaline). Obviously, this gives you the buzz and endless energy, whilst stimulation of sertoninergic pathways gives you the wonderful high and feeling of loving everything. MD has a high affinity for these receptors in the brain and we know (due to the fact that it's been classified and scientifically documented) has few other effects.

Meph is essentially a modified version of the MD molecule. I think they put an extra =O double bond on one of the meth molecules. Is this fine? Who knows? It's probably fine, but there comes a point when the molecule has been altered with so much that it has undesired effects.

Also consider this. It's fair to say that you need to take a fair amount more meph than MD in order to get a buzz. This tells me one thing - lower affinity for the serotonin receptor. On its own this is ok, but supposing this simple change in molecule is giving it a higher affinity for other receptors? Is it antagonising other receptors? Is it acting at other sites on completely unrelated neurones and causing damage?

These are the reasons I describe it as "dirty". I'm almost certainly wrong, and when it gets reviewed they'll probably find that it's as safe as MD. But until then, as far as I know, it's a plant food that is also the de-crystallised form of crystal meth.

As for drugs in general though K, couldn't agree with you more. They've given me some truly eye-opening experiences and whilst I wouldn't make a habit out of them, I'm glad that I've taken the plunge in the past and allowed myself to experiment. I'm not going to claim I've done some of the crazy shit you've done, far from it, but I've had good times from drugs.

Especially from ket. Whilst listening to Pink Floyd. Especially especially when my Goodfellas poster was still on the back of my door upside down. God almighty, some of the wierd shit I saw those times...

It's just advice, fellas. Do whatever the FUCK you wanna do
The Following User Says Thank You to Blanca For This Useful Post:
kowalski (04-12-2009)